Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines

I sent Grace off to school with chocolate coated popcorn with M&Ms sprinkled over it to share with her friends and Ethan with his Bouncy Ball Valentines, and then I spent Valentines Day morning by running from store to store, we went to four grocery stores by 8am!  This is a rare thing that I visit four in one week, but this week I did, I felt so productive!  The little ones and I then had a great morning of making chocolate dipped strawberries for daddy.  We also picked up fun balloons for each of the kids.  It is days like these that I am so happy that I get to stay home with them, they were such joys! 

When we picked up the big kids from school we heard all about their fantastic Valentine's Days, they talked my ears off the whole way home!  Then after we got home everyone got to open up their valentine gifts from Nana and Papa and from me.  Nana and Papa sent the boys a "real life" Angry Birds game, that was a HUGE hit with them!   Grace enjoyed her glove socks, and Faith adored her new frog to add to her growing collection!  After a Pizza Hut delivery dinner we played Doodle Dice, a definite favorite that was a gift from my mom to Ethan for Christmas.  It is the perfect game for all the kids ages and we grown ups really do enjoy it too!  After getting all ready for bed, we then got a surprise visit from Aunt Andrea, Uncle Josiah, along with Bailey and Joy!
The kids danced, laughed (A LOT), and wrestled with Uncle Josiah!  My sister brought me my first valentine this year (fitting, she was my first Valentine!), made from a picture we took while we were working on her house last year!  I LOVE it!  I also got a super cute valentine from Bailey and another great one from Joy, including a recipe that I can't wait to try! 
Then, right before bed, I got a really sweet valentine from Ethan that thanked me for hand making his valentines for his class this year.  It was so precious.  Oh, how could I forget!  I also did get a valentine from Faith and one from Zach with their pictures on it that they made at MOPPETS last week!  I felt very blessed by the sweet kiddos in my life.  Each one of them adds so much to my life, I can't imagine not having such blessings in my life!


No comments: