Monday, February 20, 2012

It's Raining It's Pouring!

When it started to rain today, Faith went and got her rain boots!  She loves her froggy rain boots!  While I love a sunny day, I have to say, on a day when I really didn't have to go anywhere, the rain was really a great excuse to hang out at the house with Faith and Zach and get in some reading to the kids, snuggling, looking out the window, watching the rain, and even some dancing!

They LOVE to dance!  We played Just Dance for Kids on the Wii, and I was worn out WAY faster than them, of course!  We have played it before a few times, and I forgot what a great time it was, so I think it may have to be a more regular occurrence! 

What are we reading lately?  The kids and I are reading Ranger Rick and Highlights Jr.  Our next door neighbor got us the Highlight's subscriptions and it's been so fun!  I have always wanted to get those, I just loved to read them in the doctor's office as a kid, and I'll admit it, I've been know to do the hidden puzzles even as an adult! 

I am reading, in my spare stolen moments, the Hunger Games trilogy.  I'm ready for the third, Mockingjay, and I don't have it yet, so I'm waiting (in agony) to finish it now!  Grace and I are GREATLY anticipating the release of the movie, The Hunger Games now.

I'm also VERY grateful to our neighbor for a new Magic School Bus movie today, I got a whole hour and fifteen minutes to myself!  Almost unheard of!  It was really nice to get a couple things done uninterrupted!  Thank you Jim!

The next rainy day, if you don't have to run all over, or go out at all, just call the day for rain, and have some fun inside instead!

No comments: