Saturday, February 4, 2012

Making Valentines

I was really excited to make Valentine's this year!  I (of course) searched Pinterest for some fun ideas, got all my stuff together and then joined a couple of my MOPS friends for a little crafty night to get them done.
 I am really excited to show them off!  AND, one of them I actually came up with!  Zach's is an original idea from me!  Well, Rob helped with the saying on them! 
I learned that when making the crayon hearts, is you really should use Crayola, I fully admit to being a total Crayola snob in the first place, but even in melting down crayons, it DOES make a difference! 

Zach and Faith sat and helped me peel lots of crayons and break them into tiny pieces, though, because they were baked in heart shaped cupcake pans, they both were not quite understanding why they were not edible!

Ethan is really excited about his super ball Valentines, since he has an extensive collection (soon to even be on display at the school's library, these were very fitting!

Obviously, I guess, I was trying to stay away from candy Valentines.  And these were just so fun!  And maybe, a little longer lasting than a Tootsie Pop?

No comments: