Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Beautiful Day

Today, the weather was so absolutely beautiful!  This morning, before I took the kids to school, we opened the front door to leave and heard a robin's song!  It felt and sounded like spring!  How could your day not be great after that? 

This afternoon, after we got the kids from school, we all went to the park across the street, have I mentioned just HOW great that is, living across from the park here?  FANTASTIC!  Anyway, just seeing the kids run into the park was great, sun in their hair, ponytail bouncing away!


Ethan brought the soccer ball, which was really fun, I haven't played soccer in a LONG time!  It was really fun!  I am already sore!  In a rare event we even got Daddy to come over and play with us!  The kids had such a good time, I made the mistake of letting him spin the merry-go-round, and almost got sick, the kids thought it was a hoot though!

After enjoying the park, we all came home with fresh air in our hair and Ethan helped me cook dinner, followed by a fun trip to Cold Stone Creamery, everyone had their own special creations, I had the cake batter, I've never had it before, it felt very naughty, since I get yelled at for licking the spoon when I make a cake (raw eggs and all that).  We got home in time that I could read four books, instead of the normal two, to the kids before bed, so they thought that was pretty great.  I really couldn't have asked for a better afternoon and evening! 

No comments: