Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pizza Night

Pizza night is Tuesday nights.  The plan is to serve up some kind of a slice every Tuesday night.  Homemade, spaghetti pizza, frozen, delivery, or DiGiorno (sorry, I had to add that!).  My somewhat guilty conscience in serving up a slice, even though it is just once a week, causes me to do things like also serve up a heaping plate full of veggies also.  Well, a large head of broccoli, a large cucumber sliced and a half a bag of baby carrots, and I was lucky I got a small piece of broccoli, the cute little veggie thief on my right (Faith) stole mine, while the taller veggie thief on my left (Grace) distracted me!!!
 Anyway, Zach decided that the frozen pizzas I served up tonight were just not quite up to par, so he added a little on there, I have to say, I have never seen it quite like that!  He gobbled it all up though!   Now the little veggie thief decided no pizza for her, but she ate most of the broccoli along with quite a bit of cucumber and even a few carrots.  Rob and I have agreed that the kids have "healthier brains" than us!  I'm so happy to see them all making healthy choices in their eating habits!
Healthier eating has actually been a bit of a side effect of our cooking schedule, I'm determined to teach them all to cook more than Hamburger Helper, so out comes the cook book, almost every night now, and I am really excited to say that everyone is eating better all around!
As a side note, I baked devil's food cupcakes, with chocolate pudding filling, and cherry frosting, topped with chocolate sprinkles, for my MOPS this morning, there were some leftover, and do you know that not one of those kids even really liked them, they tried them and then asked if they could have fruit smoothies instead!  SHEESH!  Well, they are delicious and I guess Rob and I will just have to enjoy them ourselves...maybe we should be letting our kids choose our foods for us?

No comments: