Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year's Resolution #2

This is another "resolution", that is, if I made them!  I am determined to teach everyone how to cook!  There is a schedule in place, everyone is picking their recipes from the list I have and then learning to cook them.  After each kiddo has their night, Rob has his night, a pizza night, which could be homemade, frozen, spaghetti pizza, or deliver, I cook one night by myself, which I am doing a crock pot meal!

We have been doing this for one week, so everyone has had their first tries, and I think this is really going to be great, I had Rob take some pictures of Faith's turn tonight, I will have to have him take more on the other nights too. 
Faith was just so stinkin cute in her apron, and SO excited to help!  I got all the kids aprons and even had their names put on them for Christmas last year. 


I really like not being the one that has to decide what we are having every night, and there has been no more, "I don't like that!", which is REALLY great! 


Compliments are flying and the table, and everyone is thanking the cook for the night, I really can't say enough about how great this change has been! 
As you can see, even Faith, who just turned 3 can learn to cook!  Tonight she made BBQ Chicken!  Pretty much all by herself!  I helped with the oven, of course!  Each of the kids has really enjoyed working in the kitchen with me, and I am really enjoying the one on one time with each of them, especially the old ones, that hide in their rooms more and more lately.

No comments: