Thursday, January 5, 2012

Gettin Crafty At Christmas!

My sister had the BEST idea, she said we should bring our craft stuff and work on projects while we were in Colorado!  I LOVE CRAFTS!!! I was so excited to have time to work on some!  So here are the things that I worked on-





Felt flowers for the girl's hair, these are made from scrap fabric, felt and a button, all sewn and then glued to a barrette. 

The girls liked them so much that I got requests for colors and they wanted to learn to make them!  I'm thinking I need to have a craft night with my nieces to make these.  We ran out of time and I didn't get to make very many, or teach them how.


This wreath was definitely more time consuming than I thought that it would be!  It is a foam wreath wrapped in two layers of yarn, and then I made the poinsettia out of felt that I stitched veins on even using the sewing machine.  Then I sewed beads on for the center.  Hung by a ribbon.  The poinsettia is removable, so I'm going to make other flowers to pin onto it so I can use it more than one time a year!


These are my mini Christmas trees!  I really am happy with how these turned out, they are foam cones, wrapped in two layers of yarn, and glued.  The second layer of yarn gives it lots of texture that I really like, they remind me of a warm sweater!  I am considering a star of some sort on the tops, but so far I just really like their simplicity!

No comments: