Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas: Part 2 - The Big Day


I don't know if this was really the BIG day or not, but we had a great time, just the six of us on Christmas Day!  This year I tried something a little bit different, I chose to give each of the kids just three gifts, usually we have just gone nuts, and this year, I wanted to simplify.  They have so much! 

So I did something to read, something to wear and something to play with, and then they had their stocking like normal.  I had heard about this at a MOPS meeting, I was already thinking about simplifying when someone mentioned this, perfect, I thought!  Three gifts, like Jesus got from the wise men, right in keeping with what I was wanting to get across with the Advent Calendar and the stories we were going to be reading every night. 

I didn't get the impression anyone missed the huge piles of presents either.  
Another way we scaled back on gifts was we drew names for each other too, instead of each child shopping for everyone, we each had one person to shop for, with a little bigger budget, this was SO much better than dollar store trinkets in bulk for everyone!
Of all the things that Faith received that day, she enjoyed her baby bottle with fake milk in it the best, she insisted that her brothers feed her baby while she opened other presents! 

They were both such good sports about it, maybe even enjoyed it??  A little? Maybe?  Don't tell though!!!


Ethan, obviously, really was excited about his craft kit!  He asked about doing it everyday after, until we finally did make some!

Faith was so fun to watch, she was excited for everyone else too!  She oooed and awed over everything that was opened!


Notice how I, in my pj's, did not make it into any pictures, yeah, that WAS on purpose!  As with every year, I found the greatest pleasure in watching them have a great time, enjoying their gifts!  That's such a "Mom-Thing" to say!  But I did get some super-cute headbands that Grace picked out for me, I was pretty excited about that!

No comments: