Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hello, My Name Is Winter, and I'm Addicted to PINTEREST!

Some one said the title of this post should be on a t-shirt, I said, I'd pin that!  LOL!  I know, lame joke, but quite seriously, I do frequent the Pinterest!  AND not only do I frequent it, I make the stuff I see!  I LOVE all the inspiration for crafting, I also LOVE that it is getting ladies back to some of the original fine arts that, maybe not even our mothers, but our grandmother's enjoyed.  I was incredibly blessed to have a mom that taught me to sew and quilt at a very young age, and I really enjoyed it, despite some teasing from peers, I made my doll's a quite extensive wardrobe!  I have to admit after a few kids, I slowed down considerably in my sewing and crafting. 

The thing is, that I haven't ever stopped collecting crafting supplies and just miscellaneous "stuff" to use in "future projects", which is really great now, since I'm a little low on funds! I wanted to post a few of the things that I've been working on.

First the table runner and square, that are both reversible, so there are several different ways to use them. 


Then a rag garland, I used mostly neutrals, with a blue in there.  These strips of fabric are tired on a white Christmas light strand.  I'll do a separate post on how I made it exactly. 
The "Celebrate" garland and mini garlands that match were so fun!  I made it so that it I can use them for a baby shower, bridal shower, birthday, or anytime we celebrate!  They also match the square and runner (I'm sure you caught that).
The mini garland, I made two of, one for the hutch, and one for the large mirror that is across from it.  This is the hutch "before", I have plans for it!
This lamp shade is an idea I got from Caroline, I LOVE how it turned out, this is my favorite lamp, and I am loving it even more with it's new lamp shade!  Great idea, Caroline!!!
The pears are really what I'm attempting to show in this picture, they are actually light bulbs with naturally polished hemp hot glued on them and a little stick coming out the top for the stem (also hot glued in place).
This is "B" is for button, or Ball, in this case.  This is a frame from an old picture, but even originally it was maybe $7-$8 at Walmart.  The background is a piece of cardboard with burlap glued on with spray adhesive, and then I just Elmer's glued the buttons in place, I used the Elmer's because it dries clear.