Sunday, July 29, 2007

I forgot!

Looking back over my past blogs, I can't believe I forgot to blog about the kid's first air plane ride! It was so eventful too! Well, to start off boarding the plane, not bad at all, we all arrived in our seats with no major obstacles. Once we had taken off though, Ethan who was sitting beside me, yelled over the roar of the engines, "When do we start shooting at the other planes?" Needless to say I erupted in laughter and immediately told Rob, who was behind me who told, Aaron sitting beside him, who told Andrea, and so on and so forth, till I believe the whole plane had heard about Ethan's enthusiasm for flying! Well, he quickly lost interest in the flight when he heard nothing that exciting was going to happen and was on to reading and drawing. When we began our descent and you could see Florida, Grace commented that she had no idea that Florida would be so small, "I never imagined it would be so little and the ocean goes right through it too!" As we got closer and closer to the ground all four little kids called out the things they saw, "people that look like ants!", "palm trees", "cars that look like little toy cars!". I had forgotten that excitement of seeing things like that for the first time. I love how kids can remind you that there is awe in everything in life.

1 comment:

Heidijayhawk said...

how funny is that?! we have never had that experience with older kids because we fly about three or four times a year and the kids have done so since they were infants. we may as well be driving at this point that get so excited. they all know the drills of security and such. i guess that is what happens when you have family on the west coast!