Monday, July 2, 2007

Different Time Zones and Recliners

Well, this flood gave me one good thing, Rob nasty old recliner is gone! So we went recliner shopping to give his hardworking body a place of rest. The man misses his recliner, so I thought, you know they make some really nice looking recliners now, maybe we could get him one of those! Do you know, my hard working, wonderful husband sat his precious behind in more than a hundred recliners and where does his backside find it's mate? At Lewis Furniture, in a Lazy Boy, and which Lazy Boy is it you ask? Yes, you know it, the very SAME recliner that he bought seven years ago, same color of leather and everything! I thought that this particular leather was just very old and worn out, nope, it was made to look old! You know, like the washed out faded, holy jeans? Yes, it's a faded washed out leather recliner-it's awful, so the man made us a deal and we got it in a nice color of beige leather instead (Praise God!), and my husband's derriere is happy again, for a really great price too! I only wish I had a picture of his face when he sat down in that chair, old friends are sometimes the very best friends!


In the matter of time zones, Rob and I are in different ones, he told me this morning. He is a morning snuggling, kissing, sweetie, when I am just "leave me alone I want to sleep!" and I on the other side am a night time snuggle-bug when he is basically asleep when his head hit the pillow! Do you know what he tells me? I am China and he is the United States! I asked him, how come he gets to be the US and I am China, do you know what he tells me?

It's because I speak a different language!

No comments: