Sunday, July 15, 2007

Painting Party

Well, Saturday was the painting party and we got it all done! Wonderful friends came and helped us all day and we got every room painted! Yeah! It was the first day that I really saw the progress, before, I have to admit every time I went over there I just saw raw sewage, even though it had been cleaned up and bleach sprayed and everything, the whole house just looked dirty to me, now, with the fresh paint on the walls, it finally looks clean and I can see the progress taking off now! We're close, we're really close, we need a big push to make it there by August 1st, but we're close!
I have to say I was surprised to see my sweet friend Kimmie there with five month old Christian! She painted while he chewed his toys happily, then when that wasn't doing it for him, she put him in a sling around herself and kept on painting, he fell asleep in the funniest position, but looked as comfortable as can be at the same time, and Kimmie kept on painting! She took a short break to nurse him and change his diaper and back to painting, Chris was such a good boy and found so much to keep his little mind occupied, there is a lot going on there, and I'm sure things don't look at all like they do at his house. All in all, Kim, is my shero! She is awesome, smiling and working so hard, even bringing her baby (We are so much alike!).
I cannot give enough thank yous to those wonderful hard-working friends that showed up! The seven of us really tore it up! I feel such a sense of relief to have it done and it really looks great too, even if it is all one color! Yes, it is one color, Parisian Taupe, Rob says it's beige, at least it has a great name! The trim is Swiss Coffee (off-white) and I did paint the kitchen all Swiss Coffee, but Rob says it's too blah, so it may go to Parisian Taupe too, sorry Dia, I think it's really pretty though, especially the beautiful paint job!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Yeah - I'm so glad life is getting closer and closer to "back to normal" for you all.

Blessings. :)