Sunday, July 8, 2007

Progress

So, as you can see, there is progress being made on our house! We have sheet rock hung and A wonderful guy doing the finishing for us. He gave us a great price and he actually put all his other work on hold to do our job this week! We were blessed to have found him.


This picture above is our master bedroom, looks a little different, doesn't it! It really looks more like a bedroom everyday!

Randy, our sheet rock finisher, works with Rob at Frito Lay and he does this on the side, he is hard working guy for sure!
Rob and I spent all day Saturday installing doors, we found out how we work together in stressful situations, I think we did well. We got the job done and I still let him sleep in our bed that night! Just kidding, he let me sleep in our bed! I think once we figured out that we both knew what we were doing and didn't need to walk each other through step by step it went really well. We have both done a lot of remodeling and have individual skills and it's really neat to put them all to use in front of each other. I really appreciate him so much, he is a very talented remodel er, and now I have seen it first hand.
I know you're probably thinking, didn't you just get done with a flip house and this same house a while ago, yes, but actually, Rob and his best friends do the team work and I kind of have done my own part separately, so this was really a first for us. I think we will continue to do this stuff together, you sure do learn a lot about a person when you work on something like this together (Another part of God's plan?).
Next Saturday we are having a painting party, 8am-8pm, we'll have lunch and turn up the music, and paint till we're done or we drop, whichever comes first! It really will be fun, you're invited too!

No comments: