Sunday, July 8, 2007

Just the 10 of us!

I have been wanting to post a picture of the house and all of us that live here currently, it's a lot! I have to say though, we are doing well as a whole, the slightly cramped situation doesn't feel cramped, most of the time it just feels like home, what with all the family here (Don't worry Aaron, we aren't THAT comfortable and we will move out as soon as our house is done!). Honestly, what a great summer to get to know some of your family REALLY well. Good and bad, it's definitely brought us all closer together (Another part of God's plan?).
Andrea and Aaron's house is a three bedroom, I'd say about 1800 square feet, and somehow we all make it work. We put another refrigerator in the garage, which is a must have for ten people. Everyone just has to remember that it is only for a short time and I really think that we will look back and cherish some of these times we've spent together this summer. This is a really wonderful thing that Aaron and Andrea are doing for us, we will be eternally grateful to them, and anytime they need a place to stay, they can come on over, they will always be welcome at our house!

3 comments:

Regina Cassell said...

I think this was a show at one time. "Just the 10 of Us." It was NOT "Eight is Enough." I am sure there were 10 people : )

I finally have linked your blog to mine. Summer has been nuts. We ride by your house in progress a lot in the evenings as we hit the Shunga trail. Jacob likes to ride over there, and we try to go several nights a week.

Keep blogging, woman!

Heidijayhawk said...

a part of God's plan...hmmmm...i don't think he's making that one too difficult to understand!

Tracy said...

It is the Best of times... and the hardest of times. I had summer like that once. The summer of 2002 - we were building a house, Brian working a new job, infant Sadie came on the scene, living with Brian's folks in their basement, and two rambunctious preschool boys to boot! Whew! I remember praying in the shower EVERY morning - Lord, I'm trusting You to give me the strength and patience to live this day. :) Sound familiar at all?

blessings to you, Winter. :)