Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Laminate Floors!

My Mom came into town on Monday afternoon bringing with her the girls who had a fun filled week with "Nana" and "Papa" and (BONUS!) she gets to stay for the week now (stuffs gonna get DONE!). So yesterday, we laid laminate in a bathroom and the laundry room downstairs and it looks beautiful and you have to touch to tell it's not ceramic tile, love it! Then, today, lots of laminate in the living room, dining room, pantry and hallway, they look like real wood floors. It is AWESOME! My Mom and I kick it out I tell ya! Tomorrow, we tackle the kitchen, hall closet and another bathroom. Come over to our house and check out the floors! Now, my Mom and I definitely have a groove when it comes to laying these floors, we really have a good time while we're doing it too! We, are very comfortable being ourselves while we are working together, shall we say, all natural! My Mom is spoiled there in Colorado with the dry weather, she always has a crash coarse in humidity when she comes to town, it really is sticky! Soaked with sweat from the morning's work, they came in the morning and got the AC up and running for a cooler afternoon's work! What a blessing! Don't let her tell you she did all the work, just cause I was taking pictures! We have a good time ribbing each other throughout the day. My sister, Andrea and I always tease that Mom will come to town and make everything better, I hope I can be that for my kids, she definitely does make things at least seem better, with her go get 'em spirit, stuffs gonna get done!

3 comments:

Heidijayhawk said...

wow! the floors look amazing winter!

Tracy said...

What a great Mom! Made me smile - You are blessed. :)

I heard our family's head carpenter was over there on Saturday. He is such a gem, isn't he? :)

The Mama said...

I love those floors. We had floors like that in our old house and I LOVED them. It looks so classy!