Friday, July 27, 2007

Little sis turns 26!

Yep, my little sister turned 26 today! She celebrated with new highlights, a particularly fabulous birthday lunch at McDonald's with myself, Laura M and our combined eight kids (the eldest two just got back from Super Summer this afternoon), the kids sang to her Happy Birthday, and we celebrated with ice cream! Her hubby decided to make that appointment for a tattoo she's been wanting (so sweet!) and she went in to get it this evening. Of course I had my camera and captured this life-changing moment! Anyone who is anyone was listening to her on the radio and knew full well of Merrill's feelings on the subject, obstinately, she went on with her plans! It is a very creative and beautiful addition to a very creative and beautiful person! I really think she'll be happy with it long-term, it does carry with it a lot of meaning for her too. The Chinese characters mean "Heart" and "Family". She received a gorgeous bouquet from our Dad in Colorado and it just happened to be tiger lilies, Andrea was so excited to call and tell Dad that it must be a sign from God because she was getting a tattoo of tiger lilies that evening! Well, needless to say my Dad was hesitantly supportive, and I laughed so hard, because I happened to mention she might like tiger lilies to my Mom previously, obviously, I was not going to be the one to tell Dad about the coming tattoo! I'm sure he was thinking, "thanks, a lot!". You're welcome! My little sis is a happy girl though!
This is the guy who was fast and fabulous and marked my sis for life! He really did great and either she's really tough, or he was really gentle (she is REALLY tough!). She is still out celebrated the decline of her youth, just like a rock star, I'd imagine! Happy, Happy Birthday Andie!

No comments: