Thursday, May 3, 2007

Swimsuit Shopping

Recently Grace and I went swimsuit shopping for her, she tried on so many suits and in a two piece like she wore last year she said she would like it if her tummy weren't so fat! Now, I don't know about you, but I can't see ANY fat on this tiny girl. I didn't know that this would start so early in her little girl life! I, of course, corrected her, and then at her doctors appointment she was weighed and measured and she has grown 3/4 of an inch since January and has only gained 1/2 a pound. This is not acceptable I was told and that we should try to "fatten" her up a bit!
Grace promptly told the pediatrician that her legs were getting fat and she didn't like it. I am so disappointed in this world that tells little girls that they must look just so to be beautiful! I have never told her anything but that she is perfect the way God made her. She eats what she wants when she wants and I don't want to ruin her healthy choices of eating by "fattening her up".

No comments: