Friday, May 25, 2007

Florida or Bust!

So, about a year ago my Mom promised my kids a trip to Disney World, and then informed my Dad we were all going! So exciting, well, about two months ago my Mom calls and says that she has booked the tickets and NO ONE is backing out now (why would we? Seriously!).
There are 14 of us going, me, Rob, my sister, Andie, her husband Aaron, their two girls- Joy and Bailey, our 4 kids, my older brother, Nick, my youngest sister, Janette and my parents. We are going to have so much fun, it's so exciting!
I have to brag a bit, I really have one of those families that it is so fun to be with, we play games, joke around, watch movies and believe me there is never a silence among the "crowd". I love it, it's exactly why I love that we have four kids, so they can have what I have and I can have what my parents have, a full house-and full hearts!!! I love that my family could double over the next 20 years, even triple! What a blessing children are!

A few days after the flood, my Mom asked if we were still going, I asked if it is paid for and non-refundable (I have to admit if it were refundable, I wanted the cash to fix our house!), it was, so off we all go! This does come at a good time, we are waiting to dry out right now and can't do anything on it till the second week of June now, so relax a forget our worries - we shall try.

I am almost packed, yes, I do plan quite a bit and thank goodness the luggage was in the attic, bone dry! I had given all the eight kids going a duffle bag with their name on it from http://www.lilianvernon.com/ for Christmas.
The kids freaked out, they love anything with their name on it, and I even got them in "their colors", which looks a little "Mickey Mouse Club", but that's cool (I guess more "Big Brother" now huh!).
Zach's I had to get on
It cost more, but I had to get it in "his color! I know what you're thinking and it's true, I have just embraced it now! I do color-code my kids, it makes things SO much easier to sort, even socks, I know you're thinking "SOCKS?", yes, how much time did I used to waste before Hanes came out with color match socks! Everyone has there own color of sock now! This color system works for everything; toohbrushes, hairbrushes, water bottles, cups in the kitchen (got those at Wal-Mart), backpacks, lunch
bags, you name it. My kids have just embraced it, Mommy is just this way and it makes Mommy happy, so they work with it!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

OH, Fun Times!!! I'm so happy for you! And I so believe in color coding as well. For anyone with more than 1 child it is so helful. At our house: Truman=green; Josiah=gold/yellow; Sadie=pink. Boy, does it simplify. Also... I love your attitude about large families - so refreshing to hear. Its sad to say, that this attitude is rare out there in the world anymore. OK, I've rambled on enough - have a good trip! :)