Saturday, May 26, 2007

Psalms

I would love to say that it was the Lord who woke me up for the past two days, but it was my sweet little baby boy! As for not getting back to sleep, that maybe the Lord. I have borrowed a bible from my sister, it is a New Living Translation, which I've never used much before, but I kind of like the wording of it. Anyway, I picked it up the last two mornings to read when I couldn't sleep, and such encouragement was found! Today especially was Psalm 112.


1 Praise the LORD!How joyful are those who fear the LORD and delight in obeying his commands.2 Their children will be successful everywhere; an entire generation of godly people will be blessed.3 They themselves will be wealthy, and their good deeds will last forever.4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.5 Good comes to those who lend money generously and conduct their business fairly.6 Such people will not be overcome by evil. Those who are righteous will be long remembered.7 They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the LORD to care for them.8 They are confident and fearless and can face their foes triumphantly.9 They share freely and give generously to those in need. Their good deeds will be remembered forever. They will have influence and honor.10 The wicked will see this and be infuriated. They will grind their teeth in anger; they will slink away, their hopes thwarted.


These verses are so encouraging to me! I, honestly have gone over and over in my head if there is something that we did wrong, like as if this were a punishment of some kind, I keep looking for a reason that all this has happened and many have said that I may not know the answer to that for years. Yes, and praise God, that He is the One in control! I have a renewed confidence that the Lord will care for me and my family, He will provide all our needs!


Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

Heidijayhawk said...

awesome posts maam! isn't it amazing how God puts things right in front of our faces? he really knows what we need huh!

Renae said...

You may never know the reason beihnd this trial. You may look back and say I can see how God provided our every need and look how we grew in Him. That may be you only reason. You will in turn minister to someone else in a difficult time :0)
luvya!

Tracy said...

Hey, I you back from the land of Disney?? :) Hope to see you soon - I was talking to Dia today and said, "Let's get all the kids together at the park or Sonic or something.

Toodles!
Tracy