Friday, July 27, 2012

This Week...

It seems like every week is a busy week, at the beginning of the week when I don't think there is going to be much going on, there is a drastic change and we end up running here and there all week.  Not complaining, it's been a great week.  I'm so thankful to have the friends that I have, there was so much fun this week too.  Swimming, Bunco, friends came over for dinner, a great date with Rob, a surprise birthday party, and somehow my house got really spic and span cleaned too! 

The day we went swimming, we went over to the Collin's house to help break in their new pool. 
I was expecting to be there for a couple hours, after 5 hours, we were on our way home, and no one wanted to leave, it was such a fun day!
Apparently I have fish for children!  Zach is swimming so well now, he was keeping up with the older kids even.

And Faith was even all over the pool!  When we got there, I thought she may not leave the steps, but she got braver and ventured out on her own too!  Even surprising us by swimming under water to the ladder by herself!
I hadn't really noticed the weight-loss until I put on my swimsuit that day and realized that I may have some trouble keeping my strapless suit up!  I have definitely lost some weight, I admit, I'd rather it was from a different spot on my body, but loss is loss, so it's ultimately a good thing.

The kids all have come down with the sniffles this week too, but nothing serious, as you can see it definitely did not keep them down!  They are all on the mend now.
Do you know how HARD it is to take a picture of three ninjas? 



Last night, it was my pleasure to help suprise a friend on her 30th birthday!  We went to Paint Therapy Uncorked, and had SUCH a GREAT time!!!


This was the most fun!  We each learned to paint a canvas together, I think Lara was really surprised, it was a really fantastic time.  These ladies are some really fun friends to have.







Okay, so, as for my goals this week, I am so happy to say that many of them, I am accomplishing.  Here are the goals I made...

1) With God- I will have a quiet time alone with Him at least 4 days each week.  Consistent by July 27, 2012.
2) In Health- I will exercise at least 4 times a week.  I will cut back white pasta, white rice and white breads to once a week, cut out pop all together and cut back sweets to once a week (this worked great for me before and I didn't feel deprived of foods I really like). Consistent by July 13, 2012.
3) In Weight Loss- (This is kind of a proof of #2) I will loose 7 pounds per month, this should be attainable for me. Consistent by September 28, 2012.
4) With Rob- I will have one date night per week with him (even if it's just a night of "face time" at home).  Consistent by July 27, 2012.
5) With Kids- I will start implementing "Have a New Kid By Friday" EVERYDAY.  Consistent by July 27, 2012.

On #1, I have been very consistent, I am really enjoying my time with God, everyday that I possibly can, I have been starting out in the Word, before checking my email, or texts or doing anything else.  Before I even get out of bed, I have been trying to start out by praying, this is helping me with the morning grouches that I encounter!  #2 has been going well as far as my eating habits, I have really been proud of myself.  Working out has not been happening as much as I want, but I have lost a total of 10.2 pounds!!!! 

That is 10.2 pounds in just 21 days!  
WOOHOOO!!!
This is a picture I saw on Facebook, I have to admit, I am feeling pretty good about my loss!

#4 is going great, better than I even hoped.  Rob and I have not been turning the TV on at all, which is leaving a huge amount of time to talk after the kids are in bed.  He commented the other day on how much he is enjoying our talks in the evenings.  I'm so glad, I am too. 

In the area of #5, I don't know why this is continuing to be the hardest area for me, I would have thought that food would have been harder honestly, and I expected exercise to be hard, but this one has caught me a little off-guard.  I have become a lot more consistent with them and I have started getting more creative with discipline too, which I think has been effective, but I still need to work on this area.

This week I am going to be contemplating some new goals to make.  I don't want this momentum I have to go to waste!

No comments: