Friday, August 31, 2012

Faith's Tote Bag For Preschool

Faith is off to preschool in a couple of weeks, and I couldn't find a cute back back.  My mom suggested we get a tote and decorate it, but while at the fabric store Faith and I found some cute fabrics she liked, so I decided to make one!  My first try at sewing a back was several years ago when she was born and I really didn't like how it turned out.  I didn't line it and it was really flimsy.  
This time, I lined it, made it reversible, and used some of that iron on liner to make it stand on it's own.  I am really happy with how sturdy this bag is, it will definitely be able to handle books and she will be able to use it for several years.
We LOVE how this turned out!

And did I mention that it was less expensive than one of those plastic back packs?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Adorable! I love all the fabrics. Especially the cute owl fabric inside. You are so talented!