Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Hoot of A Baby Shower

My brother and sister in law are expecting their third child at the end of the month (she hopes sooner!). Stacey is one of these most precious ladies I know.  I have been so blessed to call her my sister, I really love her like flesh and blood, she is just so precious to our family.  
She and my brother have two babes so far that I love to pieces and have them over as much as I can.  Faith and Eliza are so fun to watch playing, they have such a great time together.  Simon reminds me so much of Zach as a toddle, he's so snuggly and sweet. 

I don't think I actually asked her if I could throw her a shower, as much as insisted.  I know they will have two in diapers for awhile and I wanted to help out a little with a diaper shower.  It was a lot of fun, here's what I did.

The doily garland I originally made for Faith's 1/2 Birthday Party, but it worked great for this, I cut large doilies in half and sewed them into ready made binding.  I used my Celebrate pennant garland and mini garlands, that I made to be generic, for just this reason, it works so well for so many occasions.   

The chalk board is a little metal tray I found at garage sale in the free bin, I painted it with chalk board paint, and hot glued twine and a button to finish it.  The little baby shoes were a garage sale find also. 

 My bird houses are found all over my house, they are just the little wooden ones for $1 at JoAnn Fabrics.  I dolled them up a little with twine, moss and paint.  A vintage vase with daisies to brighten it up. 


Wooden cut out letters, 
covered in moss.



Little plastic baby bottle with blue lids, perfect for holding peanuts.  I found the bag of the empty bottles at a garage sale for $1 for all of them.


Chocolate-Peanut Butter Acorns, made from nutter butters, Hershey Kisses, chocolate chips and dipping chocolate for "glue".

Chocolate owls that I made in a candy mold that I found at a garage sale for 25 cents.  They were so easy to make.

Maple leaf cookies, with maple filling.  These I found just like this at Aldi (I love that place!).

My very first trifle!  It is caramel brownies, banana cream pudding, whipped cream, graham cracker crumbs, sliced bananas, then repeat, and top with a good drizzle of caramel.  I was so happy with how it came out, it was YUMMY.
This was my first stab at a diaper cake too.  Not edible, so my kids could not understand why I called it a "cake".  Stacey's nursery theme is owls, hence the owl on top.
I think baby shower games tend to be lame, so I tried to not play those, and picked a couple of fun ones.  Here we are playing Baby Pictionary, really just Pictionary, but with all words relating to babies.  We also played a mixer games, where I pinned the name of a famous mother on each person's back and then each person had to go around and ask everyone else one question about the name on their back until they could guess who they were.
We also wrote messages on diapers for a funny surprise when mom or dad are changing a diaper.

This is the quilt my mom made for Levi, she makes each of her grandchildren a quilt when they are born.  I LOVE this tradition.
This picture didn't come out so good, but these owl prints for the nursery were SO CUTE!  Stacey had pinned them on Pinterest from Etsy, and her mom got them for her, they were even cuter in person than they were on Etsy!
Here's the whole party.  I thought it was a lot of fun, and mission accomplished, Stacey got a lot of diapers!
I hope it helps, I sure had fun with these ladies!



No comments: