Sunday, August 12, 2012

Crazy Week!

Starting off, Zach was promoted on Sunday to the Kindergarten class, he was SO EXCITED!  He just LOVES his new Bible and I've caught him just looking through it several times now.  
I had a horrible time getting a good picture of this, I'm still learning my new camera.

In case I wasn't stressed out enough about this week, on Sunday, I got full-blown sick with what everyone else in my house had a couple weeks ago!  Booooo!!!!  But, of course, I don't seem to do anything half-way, so I got REALLY sick.  This threw a lot of my plans and goals for the week out, but I did get everything ready for the parties and even took the kids skating.  I have a BAD habit of not staying down when I get sick too, so I over did it, over and over too.  
We invited Andrea, Josiah and the girls to come with.  I was a hot mess after skating.  
The kids all had fun though, and Zach is begging to go back as soon as possible.
Joy was so great to take Faith with her to limbo.
 
Exercise went to the wayside this week, with the exception of my awesome skating, which was even synchronized skating with Joy during the couple's skate.  Yes, we were amazing, truly Olympic quality.  Hahaha!  But, we had fun, and laughed, A LOT.
I guess I also did some crazy hard manual labor in "the pit" as we call it, which sounds terrible, considering it is actually a really great sunken in outdoor living room of sorts spot on the front of our house.  We built a pergola over it, but it needs more help.  
The kids named it "the pit" and for some reason it has stuck.  All fall it fills with leaves, and the kids help it along, because then it's really fun to jump in.  Well, since last fall all those leaves have never been cleaned out, so they were rained on several times and it was just generally disgusting down there, so I decided to clean it out Friday before Zach's birthday party (apparently I didn't have enough to do???). 
 Now THAT was HARD work!

I haven't weighed myself for a couple of days, but I had lost another pound that day, I think it was Wednesday?  Anyway, I was giving myself some grace with my crazy week.  But a pound lost, is a pound lost, right?  And my "skinny jeans", you know, the ones that only on a really good day fit, they are now loose and I had to wear a belt!!!!  
I have a tote full of jeans all the way down to Grace's current size of jeans, she actually nabbed a pair out of there, 
I hope to soon take them back now!

I lost Rob to the Olympics this past week, he claims he was avoiding my sickness, so I let him off the hook, and got caught up on some of my shows while blowing my nose about a thousand times, okay, so maybe I really wasn't good company, I'm definitely on the mend now.  I hope to get back in the swing of things this week.  Starting tonight we will be test-running our new school routines.  Grace is already groaning in prime teenager-style about the early mornings. 
I have noticed that I seem to have a "laundry fairy", this week, she is leaving me folded laundry where previously was just piles.  How can you complain about a groan or two when she does things like that?  Grace is truly a precious blessing to me.




No comments: