Saturday, August 4, 2012

Busy Week Check In

I have been so productive this week!  It actually surprised me.  I wasn't planning on getting so much done around the house.  I made goals at the first of the week and went above and beyond, that was great.  This week has been successful in most areas actually.  I didn't realize that till I started thinking over the past week as a whole.  I have to say, checking in here once a week has really been good for me.

This week I worked out four times this week, which was GREAT (Yay me!), and I noticed my energy level was up BIG TIME, but I had a hard time in the eating department, so my weight loss was none.  I admit, I was not happy about that.  But, I saw my sister and brother in law today and they said they can see a difference, so that was really nice to hear.

Rob and I were really busy this week, and it started off kind of crappy.  Sunday night we sat down to write out a budget, sadly that is the first time we had ever sat down together to write it out.  It was so hard, and we fought.  I was really upset about it, we recovered the next day, but it was kind of a crappy note to start out a week on.  But I got a really sweet love note TWO mornings this week, gotta love that!

The kids were SUCH a struggle this week, I have decided that I may not be going about this the right way with them.  Rob and I are talking strategy, I will get back to you on that.  Sometimes what works for a bunch of other people, still might not work for you, I think. 

Something that was amazing this week was my time with the Lord.  I mean, WOW, I spent time with Him every day this week, EVERY DAY.  That felt great, I have started this book, "Praying for Purpose for Women" by Katie Brazelton, I am really enjoying the thought-provoking questions, it is really causing me to consider more seriously the direction and purpose God has for me.  In addition, I have been studying the scriptures on my own, and I am just so amazed at the scriptures I keep "stumbling" upon.

I am still thinking on some new goals for myself, I think a little goal for me this week is to have some more goals in writing, with dates by next weeks check in time.  I am finding myself to be more goal-driven than I thought I was, but maybe we all are, and we just haven't tried it yet.

This week is going to be a lot of preparation for the weekend, Zach's birthday party is Friday and my sister-in-law's diaper shower on Saturday, it will be a fun, family-filled couple of days, that's for sure.  I am really looking forward to it.  And I'm sure I will have some really fun pictures to post!  Until then...

No comments: