Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Faith's 1/2 Birthday!


This is a new thing for us this year, because Faith's birthday is December 26th, I decided to start celebrating her 1/2 birthday, this way her friends can come to celebrate with her!  
Unfortunately my camera cord was left in a hotel room and I could not buy a replacement, meaning that I can't charge my camera's battery, and since it is five years old, they aren't available anymore.  This is sad for me, because with a terrible phone camera on my "stupid phone", I had to resort to Grace's phone, which is fine for camp pics and messing around, but not so great in general. 
I am so sad, because the party turned out so great, and I didn't get nearly as many pictures of it as I wanted.
What was originally going to be a tea party, morphed into a dress-up party instead, which was really fun and dress up is one of Faith's favorite things to play right now!
I kept the food pretty simple, as in fruits and veggies cut up, but presented in cupcake papers, the little flower sandwiches were really easy and I thought they turned out cute.  Peanut butter petals and jelly centers with the exception of Zach's, he doesn't like jelly, he likes peanut butter only.
They played Bingo, which was a little hard to do, since most of the kids didn't know their numbers to 99 (Ooops!).  Then we also played Freeze Dance, which they LOVED!  
Since Dress Up was the theme, we laid out lots of things to dress up in, including...

These just cracked me up!  I mean, really, I could have died!  
There was also the decorating of the crowns for everyone!


While the camera was not the best, I think Grace did a great job as photographer, but I am looking forward to getting a new camera.

This was a successful start of a new tradition, I think, it was really nice to get to celebrate her birthday with her friends.

1 comment:

tiffiny said...

Bry and Jilly had sooo much fun!