Monday, June 4, 2012

Third (and final) Stop-NYC, Day 3

This morning the weather was agreeing with our plans and we headed to NBC Studios and found out the hard way that you needed to get tickets for this ahead of time, or at least call ahead for an appointment for the tour. 

So we got on the schedule, and then headed over to Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium, which was really cool, it is quite the collection of the strange and unusual.
This is how Josiah stacks up to the tallest man...I thought it was funny how similar their hair is.  Parts of the Odditorium, I'll admit, turned my stomach a bit, the world's largest collection of shrunken heads was just a bit more than I could handle.  Afterwards (and after I had lost any appetite I might have had) we went across the street for lunch at Pax Pizza and Wholesome Foods, everyone else enjoyed the food though.

We then headed back to NBC for our tour.  It was a neat tour, the sets are so much smaller than they look on TV.  In the lobby, while waiting for the elevator, we saw the keyboard player and the guitarist from Roots, who shook Andrea and Josiah's hands.  Jimmy Falon was doing a live audience recording that we were invited to and couldn't go, because we had a show to go to.  Josiah was sad. 

Right after our tour we raced over (and by race, I mean, crazy speed walker-like) to see Memphis at the Shubert Theater, which is a beautiful theater.  The show was so great.  I was not expecting such a tear-jerker, I was holding it together, despite the tears rolling down my sister's cheeks, until the large older man in front of me started to shake a little with sobs.  THAT is when I couldn't contain those tears anymore.  It was a story from his era, something that probably hit closer to home for him than for me, but I was non the less still moved greatly by this show.

After the show we headed back to the hotel to get dressed for our dinner cruise, the finale of our trip!  And what a finale it was! 

We took a limo to the pier where the yacht was docked, which was fun and fancy in our fancy duds.  Once we boarded, and shoved off, we toasted with champagne to my parents for taking us on this amazing trip,
Window seats as a bonus!

 
All dressed up!

Watching the sunset with a NYC skyline and the Statue of Liberty, from the yacht, was just break-taking. 
Seriously, so romantic, even Josiah was inspired!

Look, Rob, that's where Titanic was supposed to dock in 1912.

Another glimpse of Lady Liberty at sunset.
A great dinner, and dancing, great views, a little romance, 
and did I mention dancing?  
We had a fabulous time!
After the cruise, we went back to the hotel to change, for some wild and crazy kissin at Time Square!  Well, I don't know about wild and crazy, but we kissed!  I finally got my wish and we all wandered around Times Square till late in the night, even stopping for a midnight snack at Roxy Delicatessen, who are known for their 1lb meat sandwiches, we only THOUGHT we were staying on the lighter side by ordering dessert!  That was the biggest slice of carrot cake, I've ever seen!  I did not finish the whole thing! 

This entire trip was just non stop packed with so much fun and excitement that I know I'm forgetting stories that I will wish I'd told, and then there are the ones that I'm not aloud to tell (wink wink), all and all, even with some weather disruptions, it was an amazing trip and I really wouldn't have done anything different.  Great memories were made with some of my very favorite people in my life!

Mom and Dad, you are THE BEST parents
that I could ever wish for!  
Thank you for this week of laughs and fun, 
you are amazing!
I love you both so very much!

No comments: