Monday, June 4, 2012

Third (and final) Stop-NYC, Day 2

Well, today was a little wetter, we were hoping the rain would hold off for us, but, not so much.  Of course we made the best of it.  Today we had planned to do the Uptown Loop on our tour bus, but, with the rain, that was difficult. 
Our first stop was The Natural History Museum, I have to admit, Rob and I are museum junkies and could have done museums all day, but the rest of the family, well, I think they humored us with the one.  We usually have kids with us, making it difficult to stop and read things (yes, we are those people!), so this was a real treat!  By the way, is anyone noticing the trend of kissing pictures?  We did this in Paris too, it's kind of becoming our "thing".  Hopefully we're not grossing people out!
After making it through all the cool stuff my family could handle at the museum we headed out in some pretty heavy rain, to find lunch.  By sheer chance, really, we landed in another Italian restaurant, V & T's Pizzeria & Restaurant.  This was truly amazing pizza.  And these HUGE meatballs, that Josiah thought were pretty awesome!  This was not a quick trip in and out though, this was an experience, full of flavor.  We were there close to two hours.
After our lunch experience, Mom and Dad caught a cab back to the hotel to rest, because the rain was coming down pretty good.  The rest of us hopped on the bus again to finish out the Uptown Tour, arriving back at the hotel just in time to get ready for our evening.
THIS was our evening!  This was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, by far the best show I've seen.  Loved the music, and the story line, the performers were top notch.  It could be from growing up in Kansas that added to the greatness of this show for me, I definitely know my Oz, but I think anyone would love this show.
Dinner was at Virgil's Real Barbecue in Times Square, yes, after the show, eating dinner at 11:30 at night, we were not in Kansas anymore!  Sadly, this was not Kansas BBQ, I didn't remember liking it from the last time we were there, and somehow I even managed to order the same thing that i didn't like the first time.  I was not a fan, but then, I know good BBQ, right here at home in Kansas.  The only redeeming factor for me was Virgil's Ale, which was quite tasty.

Everyone was so tired that I couldn't talk them into staying out after dinner, so off to bed, more tomorrow!

No comments: