Friday, June 8, 2007

Universal Studios

My wonderful Mom suggested that the older kids go and she stay at the house we rented with the little ones, so they could swim and we could move through the park a little faster, and ride more rides. This was a GREAT idea, and we had so much fun, I have to say, I did miss the kids when we saw Shrek 4-D and the Jimmy Neutron's Blast, but that was short-lived when we rode the "Revenge of the Mummy", that was a thriller, all the special effects were really cool.


We experienced "Twister, Ride It Out" and "Earthquake", if there had been a "Flood" feature, we would have skipped it anyway I think. These things were so real! We did take a boat ride and visit "Jaws", completely cheesy and a very old one, but none the less it still attracts, and my Dad got SOAKED! The guide actually said all guys wearing a white polo and a black Nike hat on this boat would get soaked and he was right! It was amazing! It was a good laugh, that's for sure!












We avoided the Fear Factor Live show, in case someone was going to eat something really gross. But, we did have fun on the "MIB Allien Attack", it was like a huge interactive video game, for which the average score was 25,000 points and I had a wop pin 17,000 and Aaron, who was sitting next to me had 350,000 points! Yes, he is a rock star (or does he just play video games a bit too much?). Of course we had to ride ET, this one our kids would have said ET who? It, again was a very old feature, but if you loved ET as a kid you gotta go, and I swore I heard my name at the end!

Hollywood was fab and Andrea was a stunt double in one of the shows, very cool! They dropped her from a three story building on accident, but it was cool. We also went to see how they make the scary creatures and people getting messed up looked real, the "Universal Horror Make-up Show ". That was neat, I may actually be able see a scary movie, now that I know it's not real! Yeah right!



We also saw the Terminator 2 3-D, that was pretty good, I have to say, one of the better 3-D's we'd seen. It was a mix of live action and movie on three sides, that was pretty cool.



You know, there was Ben & Jerry's ice cream there-enough said!










The others climbed a brick wall, I ate Ben & Jerry's! Nick, Andrea, Aaron and Keith all made it up the wall. Nick kicks butt, he works out though, no fair!

Keith, loved this! He was good too!







One other thing that we did was have our pictures taken and inserted into movie posters, they cost some money to take home, but playing around with the photographers was really fun, trying out the different posters! Rob and I tried to be Shrek & Fiona, Rob forbid us to purchase this picture! Keith tried a football player and Andrea and I did one with two nuns, that was hysterical! Nick did a Back to the Future poster and Aaron, who got the biggest kick out of this, did like five or six I think and they included a little Star Wars, Indian Jones and The Terminator, plus a few more! My Dad is an awesome Robert DiNiro!


Of course at the end of the day we had had an awesome day and Mom and the kids had loved there day too, they played and swam at the house all day, and loved it, anytime with Nana is a good time!

No comments: