Friday, June 15, 2007

Declined!

I have never been so happy to be declined for a loan! We applied to the Small Business Association (SBA) for a loan to complete the house rebuild since the FEMA money wasn't enough. Basically, it's a low interest loan, that is to be used to finish the job, but, since we were declined, we are eligible for more grants from FEMA. This is excellent news, because the last thing we needed was to be upside-down in loans for the house, how we would make the payments was going to be a stretch too, to say the least! So hurray, hopefully, we will get a little more assistance from FEMA and get this thing done! Yesterday, I have to admit was a rough day for us, we were up in the air with the SBA application and we didn't get really any progress made on the house, so I was a little down this morning when I got up, but, God sure took care of that! By 10 am I was doing much better. I hear there are a few people that are coming tonight and on Saturday to help, and just to make sure everyone knows, there is something for everyone to do, sweeping, picking up trash, just holding something as some one's "third arm". So come on over to our house, pay no attention to the mess, we'd love to have ya! Can you believe I actually was having anxiety over the mess it was when people first started coming over to help? Yeah, I actually apologized to a few people until I was told to stop it! I was saying, "please excuse the stench of raw sewage and the mud caked on the stairs and walls, I'm so sorry, I haven't had a chance to clean up!" I know, I am thinking they call that denial, now I am saying, "Try not to fall through the hole in the dining room floor, and don't you love how we've opened up the floor plan, it's like a different house, isn't it!"
Real quick I want to brag on our Keith, he is growing up so fast this summer, I mean, he has really matured, in every way, his voice is changing, and he's getting taller, but also, during the day, he has become someone that I can really count on to help out and the biggest sign of maturity- he does it with a smile. I am so proud of him and thank him constantly. He is so looked up to and I am so happy that the younger kids have such a good role model right in front of them everyday! We love you Keith! You're doing a great job!

No comments: