Monday, June 11, 2007

Mourning


Okay, this is a picture of my Mom's mini van that I am borrowing for awhile, till we can get our house done and can buy another van of our own. My parents had offered this van to us to purchase awhile back, but we had "Lucille" then still. Well, in the short time that I have been driving this "pimped-out ride", I have found myself not grieving the loss of Lucille anymore, and I know this is silly, but maybe it's too soon, Lucille was special in so many ways, but the fact is that she is gone. Could I have loved again and is it just a rebound van? Time will tell, but the automatic doors and the 5 disc DVD player and CD player is quickly gaining a certain permanency in our lives! I keep telling myself to not get too attached, I'll just get hurt when she goes away. It is a Chrysler Town & Country and being the same color as Lucille is strangely comforting to me, I know that I am over thinking this whole thing, but you know there are so many other serious things going on that I have to laugh at myself sometimes! I'm thinking I'll call her Lucy!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

You're funny. :) And no, you are not being unfaithful to Lucille. I'm sure she understands that you need to move on. No pun intended.... (ha)