Friday, February 1, 2008

ER

Last night was a tough night for Rob, well me too, but really bad for Rob. He was up every hour coughing and with fevers coming and going. Yep, the flu, but then this morning, things got more serious, he was dizzy and felt like he was going to pass out-not good. I will spare you the gross details of the next few hours and just say that then with chest pains and not being able to breath, we were calling Grandma to come stay with our still sleepy babes. Of course by the time Grandma got here everyone was up and going and the two little boys went with us to the ER and the two older one were taken to school by Grandma. It took one look at Rob hooked up to a bunch of tube and all sorts of beeping machines that I decided that the boys were not going to be there anymore, another emergency call to a friend that came from their house up the street to get the boys. Once they were in a utopia of toys without a care in the world, I focused all my energy on the love of my life in a hospital bed. Very scary. All tests came back negative, except, the Influenza type A. It is really bad, but he's gonna live.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh poor Rob! I hope he is recovering well. We are home from church today... Brian and I are sick as dogs. All the children are fine. Also, both my sisters, my Mom, and one brother-in-law are sick as well. Three other friends of ours have been diagnosed with Influenza A this week. I'm wondering if that is what we have as well.

Lord, please heal and renew us and be with us. Amen

The Mama said...

Oh wow. I hope everything settles down. And I hope Rob gets to feeling better and the rest of you stay healthy. ER visits are never fun, but I'm glad he' going to be okay.

Renae said...

I had that a week ago! I know the pan and fear :0)Good Luck to you guys!