Wednesday, February 20, 2008

MOPS Serving

Our fantastic craft coordinator at MOPS has done it again, a really great project, but I could not leave at that, I came home and kept going. I am pleased with the final outcome now, so here's the big reveal! What was once an unfinished wooden tray is now a stained, wallpapered, and hand-painted, well, tray! There are a few things that always catch my attention, they are leopard print, cherries, Eiffel towers, and monogrammed stuff (even cheap crap looks expensive when you monogram it!)! So, I was drawn to the wallpaper that looked like it had little cherries on it, and it "became".
Ethan wanted to know what it was for, so I told him what we learned about serving others, and he asked if the tray was for us to use, when I told him yes, he said,
"Good, cause I'm gonna be sick tomorrow, my throat is gonna be sore (pause) and my scab is gonna fall off, (pause) and I will have a fever (pause) and a stuffy nose!"
"Sounds bad!", I said.
"Yeah, so you can bring me breakfast in bed then!", he said with a grin!
When I was getting out my paints, I saw this little plaque that I got at the Dollar Store and I had primed it but never painted anything on it. So it "became" too! I saw the idea in a magazine and thought, I am not about to pay 20 whatever dollars for that, I can make it! So, I did! I even put some cherries on it, which is the theme I have going in my laundry room, it is actually leopard and cherries, I know that sounds a little strange, but I LOVE it, and it really works. It goes really good with the clock I painted cherries on.Ethan needed to paint too, so he gave his log cabin (out of craft sticks) a paint job too, we just happily painted the afternoon away while Zach snoozed. We really had fun, Ethan got to use the paints that he drools over every time I get them out, I got to let the creative juices flow, all was right in our world!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Well,....aren't you just the crafty one. :)

Joy! Joy!

Oh, and Ethan gave me a good chuckle with "my scab is gonna fall off". Too much..... :)