Friday, February 1, 2008

Anxious at eight-for nine!

Grace and I were doing, as she calls it (and I LOVE it!), her "Princess Lessons", and there was project that I just had to share! The "Princess Lessons" is actually a study we are doing that goes along with the book "The Princess and the Kiss", it is a beautiful story by Jennie Bishop and the study is written by her and Susan Henson (they even have a coloring book that goes along with it). It is life lessons on purity, it is a story book that you could start reading to your daughter very young and then when she was about eight or so start the lessons (but really, if you started later with an older girl, I think she'd still gain a lot from it). Grace really is enjoying this time we are sharing together and I think she is learning a lot too.

One project suggested in the book was a little heart shaped pocket that she wrote Psalms 56:3 ("Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You"), and on little pieces of paper she wrote down things that she is anxious or worried about, illustrating that God loves her and that His love is powerful. Aren't you curious what an eight year old is anxious about? She got the worry part , but she had the wrong meaning of anxious, here's what I mean; "I worry that I won't get into college," (good girl!) " I worry that Ethan won't get into heaven" (he is kinda naughty sometimes!) and here's the anxiousness, "I'm anxious of my birthday coming!" I think she's gonna be okay!

No comments: