Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Memory Verse

I am choosing a memory verse every week for us to memorize, I am surprised at how hard it is to choose one each week, there are so many I would love have the kids memorize, but, one at a time I guess!

This unit our character quality that we are studying is Alertness, so the verse God has given me is

Matthew 26:41

Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.

This concept of knowing what is right and still making the wrong choice is such a struggle for a curious five year old boy, who am I kidding, it's a struggle for all of us!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

great verse! here is one that I always think of when I am struggling with temptation:

1 Peter 5:8
Be of sober spirit, be on the alert Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.