Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cookies and Clocks

Our home schooling is going well, first week, I was so happy with, second week, was more like I thought the first week would be, but we still did well. Ethan insists that we don't "do school", we "just play". Which I laugh at and I am perfectly okay with him believing that, I am using all his interests to teach him, and we are learning with his learning style in mind, so it really seems to be working well.
Ethan is in so many ways, your average boy, and in other ways, well, he just blows my mind! Take cookies for example, we baked, he loved it, he is very precise and careful to do a good job (If I could get his penmanship going that way-we'd be gold!). Reaping the benefits of course, were these oh-so-good cookies that he was very proud of and were enjoyed by our family over the next few days. Taking pride in his work, check, accomplished!We also made a clock this week, and we are working on learning to tell time. This is a bit more of a struggle, but having something he made, that he can use seems to work well for incentive. I have plans to make a wooden one with a working clock face later this year with him.
My favorite part I think is hearing my son recite scripture, and not just a simple verse, but one with some "meat" to it, what an awesome thing to hear from his lips!
I love having Ethan home, Zach took a bit to adjust sharing Mommy, but he likes it now too. I think we're going to just fine, Whew!

1 comment:

The Mama said...

Sounds like you two are enjoying your new school. I'm so happy that you are all so happy. He looks just like you, Winter. What a cute picture!