Monday, October 15, 2007

Have YOU ever kissed a goat?

Today was a wonderful family fun filled adventure to the zoo. We took a picnic and enjoyed the cool fall day. Rob had a day off and the kids did too, so it was perfect for family time. Because of the cool weather and the time of day we went, the zoo was practically empty and they had just fed the animals, we had quite a show from all the tenants there! It was Zach's first experience there since he has been old enough to really care and he loved it, every animal there was a "Dog" though.The orangutans baby and mama put on quite a show for us as the baby hung from the fence upside down and pulled the hair of the mama, she gave him that look. I laughed so hard, even orangutans give that look to their babes!
The tiger was making all sorts of noise today, which delighted all four children and especially my sweet hubby who LOVES tigers and even has a tattoo of one on his thigh! The hippo was out of water eating her lunch and the birds in the rain forest were quite friendly too. A look at one bat, and I was outta there!
At the petting zoo, which is not my favorite, okay, see, I carry anti-bacterial "stuff" in my bag at all times and for the zoo, I bring out the "big dogs" of clean, my whole canister of Wet Ones anti-bacterial wipes and I mean business! So the kids feeding and touching the farm animals is really something I don't particularly love, but today, Zach, who really loved this part was petting a goat a little too rough and loving it, was told by his daddy that he needed to be sweet and gentle with the goats and sweet little Zach leaned in and kissed the goat on the nose! Oh, for a picture of that!
One new thing for us was the Bald Eagles new habitat, it's so close to the walk now that you can really see them well, and we all were excited to get a really good look at them. One of them was even tearing apart a fish it was eating, very Discovery Channel!
I absolutely love, love, love days like this, just fun-filled and family oriented, PERFECT!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Ahhh....the beauty and wholeness of family love, spending time together, gorgeous weather. I know.... I am a sentimental mush. :)