Thursday, October 4, 2007

Decorating for Fall

I have finally decorated for fall! I have been very depressed over the state of our house right now and I really have not felt like decorating anything. So, today I sewed my red slip covers for the kids chairs out of a $3 sheet, and I felt so good about how they turned out that I just went nuts decorating! I love how it looks and I actually feel better now about having no trim or some walls undone still!
Thankfully all my decorating things for the holidays were in the attic, so all dry! I took apart all my flower arrangements from last fall and made new, fresh ones, from the all the old stuff and I think they look great. I am thinking about stenciling something on the slip covers too. We'll see when the mood strikes me! I really like to have basic things to work with so I can dress them up for the holidays and have a clean simple look when I'm not going to be entertaining. Now, I need to have someone over for dinner!

3 comments:

The Mama said...

Glad to see all of your new posts. I like decorating for fall too, but I just haven't found the time. Way to go.

nates5bs said...

How far is Topeka from North Newton, KS? My brother and sister-in-law just moved there. E-mail me at nates5bs@gmail.com.

Tracy said...

Beautimus! You have rubbed off on me and I am now officially in the mood for Fall. :)