Friday, September 21, 2007

No more "Grey" for me.

Have you every been praying silently and then have some horrible thought creep into your mind that could only be from the enemy (Satan) himself. I was ironing, and praying for my husband, my kids, my church, friends, and suddenly, there it was, a terrible thought just crept right in and interrupted my prayers- so frustrating! I have to handed it to him, he knows my weaknesses. I have been soul searching and trying to figure out how I can increase my Savior and decrease self. I want my walk with God to be as strong as it can be and I want EVERYTHING in my life to reflect that, I want to take EVERY thought captive. SO, here's what I purpose to do! I am "cleaning" house, you know that saying "garbage in garbage out", I was also given so many great examples of this last weekend. My dirty little secret is watching 'Grey's Anatomy', a completely intriguing, and terribly immoral show with not a single person on it living any where near a godly life, or even with God in their life. I am sad to say, I have been practically addicted to this show and have been looking forward to the season premier of it all summer. I have noticed that as humans we want there to be a "gray" area, when in actuality there is only black and white, it's either God's way or it's not, no in between really. Well, one of my areas of "gray" has been "Grey's", but I am done trying to convince myself that it's okay and I am taking back that part of my mind and I am going to fill it with the things that would be pleasing to God, I am going to spend that hour reading an inspirational book of my choosing, maybe a MOPS book, or a Jennifer Rothchild book!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

what a great post winter! thanks for sharing. I too love grey's but have been convicted about it more than once.

nates5bs said...

I've never read a Jennifer Rothchild book, but I imagine that her books are good. I heard her speak at a MOPS Convention and she was so inspirational! Have you been to any MOPS Conventions?

You are right, filling our minds with Him and His Word is the best thing we can meditate on each day. What goes in is what will come out!