Monday, August 13, 2007

Bikes

Do you know what we have never done as a family? Ride bikes together! After dinner, we all, including Zach got on bikes and put on helmets (so we can be safe!), and went for a ride it was so much fun! I don't know why we never have done that before! I told Rob that I think we found something that we all enjoy doing, Zach just rode along behind me, but even he liked the scenery and the sound of the locusts is so amazing on the Shunga Trail right now and a ride at dusk, my favorite time of day to be outside. I have to admit the awe I felt going over a bridge on the trail that went directly over the creek, it baffles the mind to think that creek at any point was such a raging angry river running through our house. That creek and I are not friends again yet, I don't know that we ever will be. Tonight I am thankful for family, family is such a wonderful blessing, one thing about family is that everyone is so different and still one part of the same family, everyone has something to give, a part to share that makes the family complete. There are amazing, unique people in our family, each one is so special in such different ways. I am not diluted there are always going to be problems, or struggles at some point in time, but the thing that keeps us connected is that thing called family. Tonight, it felt like we had built our own bridge in our family, something that connected our 5 year old to our 13 year old and our 13 year old to our 8 year old and I got to take a back seat view of all of my precious ones, interact with that wonderful man they call "Dad" anything that can do that I am all for. I hope this will be the first of many family rides, when they keep this growing up thing going like they do, any chance to connect is heaven sent, so tonight, "Thank you God for this precious family, and the time to spend with them. And thank you for the extended, wherever they may be, always in our hearts."

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Beautiful post!

It is making me think - what are the bridges in my family? I think there are different bridges for different relationships within the family.

I guess our job as parents is to pray for God to show us the bridges that we might stay connected and bonded together.

Like I said - great post! :)

Heidijayhawk said...

that is one of our favs to do as well. we like walking too though. its times like last night that god gives us the unique ability to fall in love with nature, and even recconcile with it.