Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A Ball Teenager!

Yep, Keith is a teen now! July 29th he burst onto the scene! Coming home from his week at Super Summer, he turned 13. He was very proud to gain the teenager status and reminds me regularly that I do not have four kids, I have three kids, and a teenager! So sorry, my bad! I was amazed at his excitement over his plate that I made him too, I got a "really cool", and a "thanks!", he really liked it, I am so happy, his was the one I was so nervous about, and apparently I succeeded , it was cool enough for a teenager! Yeah, Mom! He had previously e-mailed all friends and family that he wanted only cold hard cash for his birthday , he has plans to save up for an ipod and maybe an XBOX 360, I'm glad he has goals! He did loose the MP3 player we got him for Christmas before we could even download any songs on it, but maybe since he is saving up for it himself this time he will take care of it! He has been mowing a few lawns here and there for money too. Rob and I decided a while back to not let the kids get jobs full or part time until they graduate unless it was a lawn here or there or babysitting, we want them to really enjoy their teens and focus on school too. Keith is very determined to focus on his school work this year, he has opted to not play any sports in hopes that he can bring home good grades and have less stress this year! We commend him for this very wise decision and hope that it proves to be a great school year for him! Going into the eighth grade this next week will be more responsibility and he is ready for the challenge I believe. We are so proud of him and we love that he feels the openness between us and can talk about anything he wants to with us (sometimes even more that we want to know, but we're glad he does!). Keith is following Christ in his life and is willing to be a witness for Him, He made some new friends at camp and hopefully they can support each other this year in school. One of his friends that he made through UPWARD basketball a few years back also went to camp with him and accepted Christ as his Saviour, and was even baptized on Sunday, what a celebration that was! We're pretty proud of our new teenager and hope to give updates regularly of his mighty steps of progress into adulthood. Happy Birthday Keith!

2 comments:

The Mama said...

Wow, you did a good job on Keith's plate. Isn't it nice to see your hard work as parents reward you with an awesome kid. By the way, tell him he shares his birthday with one rockin' cool chick-- me!

Tracy said...

Hi Winter! - so happy for you guys - being back in your own place and all. Hey, Upward Soccer is starting up again - all 3 of our kids want to play! Are ya'll doing it again? Maybe I'll see you there. :)