Saturday, May 10, 2008

Nine Year Old Prayer Warrior

I had to share with you one Grace best qualities. She is a prayer warrior. She is so sensitive to things going on around her, but what is truly amazing to me is that even as young as nine, she turns it over to the Lord. After my Mom and I had rushed her cousin Bailey to the ER, Grace gathered her brother and cousin Joy together to pray for Bailey. What is truly amazing is that at the exact time that they were lifting their eyes toward heaven, Bailey, in a packed ER, was taken back for a CT scan and stitches, and she was so calm and peaceful during the whole ordeal, she had even fallen asleep in the waiting room just before going in for her CT. That in itself was a miracle. 5 days later-Bailey's all better, just a scab and a couple black eyes!
I expressed to Grace that our family is under attack by Satan and that it was important to pray for our family and to ask Jesus to bind Satan from us. Right then and there, with me, she and I lifted our family up to Him, we both cried as we did.
Tonight she received an e-mail from my Mom that had pictures of these amazing sculptures in sand and wood carvings, Grace was truly amazed. In her prayers tonight with me she thanked God for those people and their amazing and unique talents. I teared up! I don't know that I ever would have thought to thank God for those people and their talents, even though I was blessed by them.
Never consider a child too young to pray, and never underestimate the power of a child's prayer.
But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Luke 18:16b-17

No comments: