Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sick Times Six

SICK!  This seems to be the theme of my life right now!  We have been passing the same crud from person to person for a couple of weeks now.  Grace (who NEVER gets sick), then Ethan, then Zach (who barely got it), then Faith (who had even less than Zach), then ME (insert very sad face here), now Rob.  I attribute Grace and Faith's strong immune systems to the fact that they both were/are my thumb suckers.  It may not be scientific, but it's what I think. 

While none of my kids like to miss school, all but Faith has had to miss at least one day from this.  I did not have any sick days to spend (but really, what mom does), so I worked through it, I survived.  It was mostly just an upper respiratory thing, so I was really scared it was going to turn into pneumonia for me, again.  Thankfully, it did not, and today, I can finally take a deep breath without coughing again now.

Even though this meant missing work-outs for two whole weeks, as of this week, I am down a total of 27 pounds, which is right on track for my goal of 7 pounds per month!  Exercising can start again this week, after missing two weeks.  I am SO READY! 

The eating right is going really well, I have a new "secret weapon" that is really helping me to stay on track.  It's myfitnesspal.com, its an app for your iPhone, Android, Nook, or like I have mine on the Kindle.  The Kindle lives in the kitchen when not being used, making it perfect for me to use to track my food intake.  It lets me look up and track the foods I eat, records my weight and measurements, exercise, and water consumption.  You will definitely want to check it out.

I have been feeling a little scattered trying to keep balance in my personal schedule and to dos every week, one day running around crazy and another twiddling my thumbs (well, not really, just not as much to do), so I'm trying out a new notebook, it's in the testing phases right now, but in it's completion, I will be sharing that.  I was finding it difficult to be intentional without a plan of action that I can see in front of me.  I want to see my written goals in front of me so that I can stay on top of them and continue to set new ones also.

Something new, that I'm really enjoying is my sister's new blog, makeitworkgirl.com, I'm "One of the Girls".  Be sure to check it out!  My own new project is still in the works, but progress is being made, so that's exciting too. 

While I'm currently still playing nurse to a sick Rob, who is still working through his sickies, I pray this house finds itself healthy again in the next few days, I feel like a good bleaching or Lysol binge is on the horizon, and hopefully the weather is nice enough tomorrow to open the windows and air it all out.  Sick times six is no fun at all.

No comments: