Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What I Want To Be When I Grow Up

It maybe a funny question to think about after I'm well past 30, but I'm asking, "What do you want to be when you grow up?", maybe it's more appropriate for me to say, "What do you want to do when your kids grow up?".  Either way, as a 30-something I have been thinking about this for some time.  With Keith moved out and graduated now and starting Faith in preschool, I am finding myself with some time to myself that I did not previously have.  So, I am asking myself, what do I want to do with that time?  And then when there is even more time, what do I want to do with that?

I have for the longest time thought that I wanted to be a public speaker, I know, I know, most everyone just gasped and their heart sped up a bit just thinking about standing in front of a lot of people to say anything.  I am the opposite.

What would you speak on?  Glad you asked!  I truly believe that God has brought me through a variety of experiences in my life so that I would have tools to share with others, and let me tell you, sometimes I feel like I have a 170 piece set in my tool box!

Several times in my life I have thought that I can't just let this be just something that happened to me, I have to allow God to use it in me for something good, not even just good, amazing, miraculous!  I am going to leave myself open to wherever He leads, which is somewhat scary, in a very exciting kind of way!

Be watching for a new blog I will be launching soon.




2 comments:

Stacey said...

I'd be the next Beth Moore. Or better yet, Ann Voskamp. I have NEVER admitted that out loud, though.

Winter said...

I can definitely see that Stacey!