Monday, September 10, 2012

Grown-Up Birthdays

We didn't throw huge parties, just a smallish family gathering for two great members of our family.  Stacey had her birthday and then a few days later, Rob was having his, so we celebrated them together.  I took some fun pictures that I thought I'd share...

I gave Stacey coupons for home cooked meals.

Simon helped open Mommy's gifts!


The girls, cheesin it up.



Gift cards....always welcome!


Daddy had two helpers to get all his gift's opened!







The desert for the party was apple pies, instead of cake, and ON Rob's birthday, per Rob's request I made him that AMAZING brownie that I made him for Father's Day also.  It's a good thing he took some of those to work to brag on me with, 
cuz those are DANGEROUS to keep in the house-ya feel me??? 

The weekend after, my mom and dad kept the kids for Rob and I from noon on so that we could go on a really LONG date to celebrate his birthday, armed with gift cards, we saw three movies and ate out.  It was such a great, relaxing time, I can't remember the last time we had so much alone time.  It was greatly need and much appreciated.  I think the kids had a pretty great time at The Children's  Discovery Center with Nana and Papa too.
Good grief, that man's good lookin in this picture!
On this past Saturday night, Rob was sharing the love (i.e. more of his gift cards) again and took Faith, Zach and I to Red Lobster for dinner, that man better look out, I'm feeling spoiled and it was for HIS birthday!  Oh, and he's wearing a shirt he got for his birthday too!
Zach and Faith had never been, the tank of lobsters was especially amazing to them, Zach didn't like the idea of eating them, he said he wanted chicken fingers, so Rob asked if he was ready to go see the cage of chickens!  
LOL!  
His face was priceless, I wish I had a picture of that!  
They both waved and said good-bye to the lobsters on the way out.

Rob and I have about two more dates coming from his birthday gift cards, I have to say, we sure are enjoying his birthday gifts this year!

No comments: