Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Faith's First Day of School

Today was the big day, for Faith and for me.  She has been so excited to start, and today was too perfect, from the time everyone got up, to showers, breakfast, and walking out the door (notice I said WALKING and not running!) into BEAUTIFUL weather.  We even had time to take some super cute pics before leaving.
This outfit was just so fun on her, and she got to wear her beloved 
pink cowboy boots even! 
I was a little nervous about how she would be with the other kids, 
she is very social, 
but kind of finicky social.  
When we got to preschool, she was bouncing, she was so excited, she saw one familiar face and a bunch of new ones, and you couldn't tell which was which.  
Before they even got inside she had made new friends, there were three little girls that started playing Ring Around The Rosie 
(one of her favorites!),
Faith immediately went over and asked to play also, no problem.  
When it was time to go in, she went in, no problem.  
I was so proud of her, she was such a big girl.
She got to meet her speech therapist and her teacher said 
she had a great first day.
As for Mommy, I did good too, I kept plenty busy and got LOTS done, it never ceases to amaze me how much I can get done within such a short amount of time when I have no kids with me.
When I picked her up, she was such a chatter box!  
The best thing I heard, was clear as it could be, "Old Mac Donald had a farm!"
I was THRILLED TO TEARS!
Everyone has said that preschool will make a big difference in her speech, but I was expecting a few weeks at least, not the same day.  
I know this won't be the case every time probably, but I am so hopeful now and praising the Lord tonight!
Almost every time we pass a McDonald's she asks to go and it had been months (literally) since we had been, so for a special treat for her first day, we ate there, she could barely finish eating, she was talking so much, most of which I didn't catch, but I was so happy to see her excitement for school and how happy she is to go.
After we got home, Faith crashed hard, and didn't wake up till it was time to pick up the older kids, and I fully admit to the same.  
All the emotions and excitement of the morning really took it out of both of us I think.
She is very excited for Friday now.

2 comments:

rachel said...

I'm glad Faith had a great first day of pre-school. Ramona started going last year and this year is her second year going. It has done wonders for Ramona who went in shy as can be. I have seen Ramona blossom on going up and talking to people. She still needs a little work but she is doing awesome! And of course she talks about Faith!

Winter said...

Isn't that great! I have been amazed how much Faith's speech has improved since her first day. And she talks about "Mona" also. :)