Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Locks of Love

A good friend of mine and I got our hair cut for Locks of Love yesterday! She cut off 20 1/2 inches, I got 16 inches off! Yes, that is a lot of hair, we both lost weight! It was really fun to go do it with a friend, but, I was more emotional than I thought I would be, it caught me off-guard when she put the pony tail in my hands. We, of course went through all the hair style possibilities, what would or would not throw our husbands into shock when they saw us! I had a gift certificate leftover from two Christmases ago (shows you how often I take time for me!), and it was just enough for two haircuts! I thought this was the best way I could think of to use the rest of it, it's a great cause too. The kids didn't mind much, Grace almost didn't recognize me when I picked them up at school, Keith thought it was pretty drastic, Zach didn't even seem to notice though. Rob, on the other hand, well, he didn't cry! Definitely it was a bigger deal for him because he really loves my hair long, but, it will grow again and it was something I have always wanted to do. I was very happy to do it and I really hope a little girl loves her new wig!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow! - what a gracious gift. You know, the last time I saw you (at Covenant), I thought to myself "Winter sure does have beautiful hair" - and now you're sharing that gift.

Blessings. :)

The Mama said...

Ah, I'm so lucky to know such a giving woman. I know that someone will really appreciae your awesome hair.

nates5bs said...

How fun! My daughter is growing hers out for the same purpose. Actually, she's already reached her goal, but when she got the lead girl part in the Christmas musical at church, they asked her to wait to cut it until after the performance. Then it will be awfully cold. So who knows how long it will be when she finally cuts it off!