Thursday, November 22, 2007

Grace's Locks of Love


It's contagious! Grace thought we had a great idea and decided she'd do the same! She had her nine inches cut of to give! I'm so proud of her, at her age, thinking of someone else, someone she doesn't even know! The kids at her school learned first hand about loosing hair from the treatment of a disease, their principle, Mrs Sheri Payne, died of lung cancer and the kids watched as she went through the process of treatment. She wore a wig after her hair fell out. Grace always felt sincere compassion and concern for Mrs.Payne and I think it helped her to relate to what the kids that would be receiving her hair were going through. After school I took Grace to get her hair shaped at a salon, it was her first time in five years at a salon, other than the one in our kitchen! Anyway, she thought the "hair bath" was so funny and that the spinning chairs that go up and down were really cool! She was the traditional talker while her hair was being cut, sharing her life story, as is customary, of course. She had a great time and I have to say that now she reminds me of someone, I just can't put my finger on it!

2 comments:

The Mama said...

hmmm... i wonder who it could be? a little miss chatty...?

Tracy said...

It looks like Mom has been modeling a good example of a giving heart. :)

Blessings.