Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Snow Days!

On a serious note, I know that a lot of people have lost power and still don't have power, well, it maybe only by power of prayer we did not ever loose power. We did loose some good size limbs but no damage, praise God! Even with all the damage to the trees, I can not describe in words the beauty all around us. The trees look like beautiful glass sculptures, and everything glistens, the few leaves that are left look like they are made of copper. The picture is the view from our front living room window. I don't know about you, but I have REALLY enjoyed the past two "snow days" the kids have had from school. I know I'll be lonely tomorrow when they go back. Have you ever heard of a mom praying for a "snow day"? What's not to love? We had to stay home and we even wore pj's all day yesterday and we played games. I taught Ethan how to play Chinese Checkers and Grace, Ethan and I played Chutes & Ladders, and we watched an American Girl Movie, Samantha together, oh, and drank hot chocolate with marsh mellows! Did I mention the Christmas Butter Cookies, yeah, I LOVE SNOW DAYS! Keith is such a wonderful big brother, he even let all his siblings in his "crib" for all kinds of "big kid" fun, which basically includes getting to look at his really cool football books, getting beat on the XBOX (and loving every minute of it!), or, getting to use his extensive marker collection or even better, getting to play with his finger boards, which apparently are miniature skate boards for your fingers (hey, I didn't know!). Grace and I were putting together puzzles tonight, we were missing the last two pieces though "OH, SNAP!", Grace said (I laughed so hard!). We all have found that we enjoy watching the occasional game show together, one that we have really enjoyed is Deal or No Deal, it's so funny to listen to the kids "coach" the contestants, they really get into it too, cheering and everything! Tonight, they were on their feet, yelling at the television! It was a hoot! A big part of today was spent at the Dentist's office, all three of the older kids had check-ups, thank goodness no cavities, and the very exciting event of getting a new toothbrush, Ethan got a red Power Ranger one, which was what he was for Halloween, he now thinks his dental hygienist is "the best in the whole world"! All this good hygiene was followed by a Spangles burger and fries for everyone, because, I, was out of my mind after 2 1/2 hours at the dentist office with four kids in an eight by eight waiting room! They actually did really well, PBS was on and with an audience of three other kids in the waiting room too, let's just say there was entertainment! Tonight it was Taco Night at our house, which the whole family puts away! Chocolate cake for desert because Mom is great, she feeds 'em chocolate cake! Sorry, Bill Cosby flash back! Now there are four very happy, exhausted kids in bed almost asleep, and I, their sorrowful mother, is not looking forward to a much quieter house tomorrow when they go back to school! Oh, well, 3:30 will not be far away, I'll just have to make Zach play with me till then!

No comments: