Sunday, December 9, 2007

Mommy's Favorite Things

This is the "Mom" version, it's just a few of my favorite things about being a Mom.
  • The first time you see them, all slimy and gross and perfectly beautiful, and you just can't believe "THAT came out of me"!
  • Baby "morning breath", the way their breath smells in the morning right when you get them out of their crib (they loose this delightful smell when they start eating solid food).
  • The "Ma Ma Ma" cry- it's just for me and that just melts me!
  • Snot on my shirt-this one is a weird one, I'll admit- but, it's like a badge of honor!
  • Breast-feeding, I REALLY love that one on one time that only Mommy can give.
  • Did you know that my kisses can actually heal the sick and the lame!
  • I love that I'm the "best" at so many things now!
  • When they are sick or hurt, all they want is ME!
  • Getting to call someone "Mine".
  • Even sometimes when it's frustrating, I love it when they act a little like me.
  • Being told by my kids that they are never getting married and will live with me forever!
  • Having one or more of my babes climb sleepily into bed with me for a morning snuggle!
  • Waking up any of my kiddos in the morning and getting to see that sleepy stretch!.
  • Being woke up in the middle of the night, and all they wanted was a hug and a kiss and they're back asleep.

1 comment:

The Mama said...

So sweet. I love that baby morning breath too. I'm glad someone else admitted to it too. I also love the way they smell. Not that "baby" smell, but their own unique smell. Mine always lose that smell around 6 mos. I have a few more months with Miss Kaelyn.