Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Menu Planning


I have never been a fan of menu planning or sticking to a menu, but I have come up with a different idea of menu planning.  I did 5 weeks worth that I will rotate through, and they are all different meals, so no more, "We ALWAYS have this"!  I also did a lunch menu and a master inventory and grocery list.  I hoping to avoid arguments of what's for lunch and dinner, and also add some variety to what has become a tedious task.  The kids are still going to help cook once a week and so is Rob, and pizza night still remains.  

I am also trying to come up with an awesome game plan for chores around the house so that everyone has jobs and know what days they are supposed to do them on.  This is all apart of my master plan of organizing our household (I feel like there should be an evil laugh in here!).  

Then there will be a color coded schedule for video games and computer time!  No, really, I'm serious!  I'm just pretty much tired of flying by the seat of my pants!  Time to be intentional!  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How I love your ideas. I believe in meal planning and its benefits towards saving money and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I found http://www.Mealplans4thefamily.com/ to be helpful in my menu planning through their meal planning menus. As I've seen the advantages of meal planning, I recommend everyone will do it.